Teacher Training: Language Studies
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
Fields of study: Foreign Languages, Pedagogy, Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages, the Humanities
Languages of instruction: Russian, English
The Master's degree programme provides deep theoretical knowledge in the field of linguistic and pedagogical education. In the course of training the Master's degree student must acquire fundamental knowledge in linguistics and its related sciences. Practice and research are focused on the humanities, theory and practice of teaching foreign languages.
The programme implies advanced learning of theory and practice of teaching foreign languages, due to it a fundamental training of Master's degree students in the sphere of pedagogical education is achieved.
Forms of training: lectures, laboratory classes, seminars, consultations, student independent work
- to teach master students to identify and analyse opportunities, needs and achievement of learners depending on the educational programme level;
- to prepare master students for organizing the education process with the use of technologies which reflect the specific features of the subject area and correspond to age and psychophysical characteristics of the learners, including their educational needs;
- to teach master students to build communication with colleagues, parents, social partners (including international ones);
- to shape the ability of master students to professional self-education and personal development;
- to shape the ability to analyse, systemize and summarize the research results in linguistics and education by applying a number of research methods for solving particular research tasks;
- to shape the ability to design educational programme and individual educational routes for learners;
- to shape the ability to design a further educational route and professional career.
cultural and educational activity:
- to shape the ability to learn and form cultural needs of the learners;
- to shape the ability to design and implement complex educational programmes oriented at the needs of different social groups, taking into consideration regional and demographic features.
On successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- use abstract thinking, analysis, synthesis, the ability to advance and develop their intellectual and general cultural level; to carry social and ethical responsibility for the decisions taken;
- acquire and use new methods of research, information technologies, new knowledge and skills;
- be ready to use the knowledge about modern scientific and educational problems when solving professional tasks;
- be ready to interact with educational process participants and social partners, to manage the team, be tolerant to social, ethnical, confessional and cultural differences;
- carry on professional and personal self-development;
- apply modern methods and techniques of organizing educational activity, diagnosing and assessing the quality of educational process by different educational programmes of teaching foreign languages;
- supervise the learners’ research work;
- design and implement the methods, techniques and tools of teaching, analyse the results of their implementation in educational establishments;
- analyse research results, apply them in solving particular research tasks in the spheres of science and education; carry out research independently;
- design educational environment, educational programmes and individual learning routes, also in terms of inclusion;
- design the subject content, technologies and particular methods of teaching foreign languages, forms and methods of education quality control, different kinds of testing and assessment materials;
- study and shape cultural needs and increase cultural and educational level of different social groups;
- possess the skills of perceiving, understanding, multi-aspect scientific analysis of oral and written foreign speech; the ability to develop strategies of oral and written communication in a foreign language in daily life, in pedagogical and research spheres, as well as personal and professional self-development;
- process foreign information, use language tools for solving academic, research and professional tasks in the process of teaching and supervising research, project, professional and other types of the learners’ activities in bachelor, master, specialist and additional professional programmes.
The graduates can work in educational establishments of any level and type as teachers of a wide range of linguistic and culture disciplines, as workers of cultural and research institutions, mass media, international companies, etc.
On successful completion of the programme some Master's degree students take a post-graduate course.
|1st semester||ECTS||2nd semester||ECTS|
|English Language||2||English for Professional Communication||3|
|English for Professional Communication||6||Modern Theories of Communication||4|
|Language Development in the Context of Globalisation||4||Language and Personality in Media Culture||3|
|Phonetic Aspect of Oral Speech Discourse||3||Pedagogical Practice||9|
|Information and Communication Systems, Mass Media||2|
|3rd semester||ECTS||4th semester||ECTS|
|Crosslingual Communication||2||Pre-Graduation Practice||9|
|General Linguistics and History of Linguistic Studies||6||Research Work||18|
|Text and Discourse in Modern Linguistics||3||Defence of Graduation Thesis||6|
|Second Foreign Language (German)||5|
|Second Foreign Language (French)||5|
The detailed description of the disciplines is provided on request.
Дата обновления: 07.12.2017 16:34