International Relations: World Politics and International Business
Duration: 4 years (8 semesters)
Fields of study: International Relations, International Economic Relations, World Politics, Global Economy, International Business
Languages of instruction: Russian, English (on request)
The programme provides Bachelor’s degree students with academic knowledge and practical skills required in the sphere of international relations.
The graduates are able to analyse events and phenomena in the system of international relations (including international economic relations), key international organisations and associations, issues and trends in the development of world politics, global economy, international economic relations and international business, foreign policy of the Russian Federation and other states, national and international security.
The programme is aimed at developing graduates’ social skills and personal qualities, i.e. motivation, self-discipline, diligence, interpersonal skills, team spirit, tolerance, ability to acquire and apply academic knowledge and new skills.
Forms of in-class activity: lectures, laboratory work, practical classes, and students’ individual work.
• acting as junior and mid-level staff in the establishments managed by the RF Ministry of Foreign Affairs, performing executive, organisational and administrative duties in other governmental institutions, federal and regional authorities;
• establishing professional communication while managing international events, holding initial discussions and participating in negotiations in foreign languages within graduates’ competences;
• performing oral and written translations within students’ competences;
• arranging international negotiations, meetings, conferences, seminars;
• organising and planning activity in accordance with the requirements of the employer;
• interacting and cooperating within the professional team;
research and analytical activity:
• managing reference, subsidiary scientific and research work in research and analytical institutions and organisations using materials in foreign languages;
• conducting initial analytical work under the supervision of experienced staff members using materials in foreign languages;
• applying the fundamentals of international political analysis;
• maintaining professional contacts in foreign languages.
On successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
• set goals and determine ways of achieving them, define the nature of international political and diplomatic issues and processes;
• apply knowledge and skills acquired, use modern methods and means of social, legal and economic studies while working in the government bodies, business and public sector;
• know corporate culture of international communication (both formal and informal), obtain skills of forging compromise through negotiations;
• adapt to the working conditions within multi-ethnic and international teams, know and apply methods of business communication in an international environment, use features of local business culture abroad;
• have a good command of at least two foreign languages, use foreign languages for addressing professional challenges, including negotiations with foreign partners;
• join the work of junior and mid-level staff in the establishments managed by the RF Ministry of Foreign Affairs, perform executive, organisational and administrative duties in other governmental agencies, federal and regional authorities
• draft diplomatic documents, agreements, contracts, event programmes;
• understand global economic, environmental, demographic and migration processes, mechanisms of interaction between the environment, world politics and global economy;
• realise the pillars of foreign policy in the leading states, features of their diplomacy and relations with the Russian Federation;
• act as a technical assistant in educational establishments and departments responsible for international academic mobility and research cooperation.
The graduates are able to work in government agencies, federal and regional authorities, international organisations, Russian and foreign business entities, non-profit and public organisations fostering international relations or dealing with international issues. The graduates will be also required by mass media editorial offices, educational establishments of higher education involved in international activity, international academic and research organisations.
Дата обновления: 13.06.2018 11:24