Duration: 4 years (8 semesters)
Fields of study: Economic Cybernetics, Business Informatics, Complex Information Systems
Languages of instruction: Russian, English (on request)
The programme provides Bachelor’s degree students with academic knowledge and practical skills required for developing and operating complex information systems in business, economy and public administration.
Over the course of the programme, students are taught the fundamental facts, concepts and methods of business informatics, computer science and business administration. They are trained to address economic and business challenges using computer technology and modern mathematical tools. The programme is aimed at developing strong analytical and research competences among students.
Forms of in-class activity: lectures, laboratory work, practical classes, and students’ individual work.
• developing and deploying information and communication technologies, as well as technology-based solutions for addressing business and economic issues;
• analysing and assessing the feasibility of new information technologies in order to apply them in business, economy and public administration;
• studying the fundamentals of information processing;
• using interdisciplinary approaches in the development of information technology systems;
• evaluating business performance of various enterprises and organisations;
• considering functional business areas, like marketing, human resources, logistics and manufacturing;
• collecting and analysing data according to the task obtained.
On successful completion of the course, the graduate will be able to:
• model and implement information and communication systems;
• create technology-based solutions and implement them in business or economic environment;
• develop and apply problem solving models, techniques and approaches;
• address practical challenges in business economics;
• identify, discuss, settle or prevent potential conflicts between business and technology on both technical and interpersonal levels;
• optimise sophisticated processes by means of applying the latest information technologies;
• operate in a virtual team environment.
The graduates are employed in business and economic sectors where information and communication technologies are applied for maintaining the sustainable development of enterprises and organisations and addressing functional business challenges (in the sphere so corporate finances, marketing, personnel management, business logistics, etc.). They will be able to work as project managers, e-business developers, systems analysts, IT business administrators and others.
Дата обновления: 09.11.2017 16:45