Qualification: Paediatric dentist
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
Fields of study: Dentistry, Paediatric Dentistry, Drug Treatment
Languages of instruction: Russian, English (on request)
The clinical residency programme qualifies high-skill paediatric dentists who are ready to treat children and adolescents with dental disorders in accordance with the set requirements and standards and to maintain public health. The programme advances professional qualification of graduates, who are distinguished by medical judgment, awareness of the normal and the pathological, and profound knowledge of allied disciplines.
Forms of in-class activity: lectures, laboratory classes, practical classes, review sessions, and individual work.
• preventing dental disorders among the population through preventive and anti-epidemic activities;
• conducting preventive medical examinations, annual health assessments, and follow-up monitoring;
• collecting and analysing medical and statistical indicators of dental disorders among the population of different age and gender groups, which characterise their health status;
• diagnosing dental disorders and pathological conditions of patients;
• performing examinations of temporary disability and conducting other medical expert reviews;
• providing therapeutic dental treatment for patients;
• organising and providing medical and dental treatment in emergency situations, including medical evacuation;
• administering after-treatment and health resort treatment for patients with dental disorders;
psychological and teaching activity:
• generating motivation in the population, patients and their family members, which is aimed at maintaining and improving their own health and health of those around them;
• organising and managing medical and dental treatment in medical and dental institutions and their structural units;
• creating immaculate living conditions for patients and favourable working conditions for medical staff in medical and dental institutions and their structural units by factoring in occupational safety and labour protection standards;
• producing accounting and supporting documents in medical institutions and their structural units;
• arranging and conducting medical expert reviews;
• assessing the quality of dental treatment;
• fulfilling the major requirements of information security.
On successful completion of the clinical residency programme the graduates should be able to:
• implement a set of activities aimed at maintaining and improving health, adopting healthy lifestyle, preventing emergence and (or) spread of dental diseases, their early diagnosis, identifying causes and conditions for their emergence and development, as well as reducing negative impact of environmental factors on human health;
• conduct preventive medical examinations, annual health assessments, and follow-up monitoring of healthy individuals and long-term care patients with dental disorders;
• undertake anti-epidemic activities, organise protection of the population in the centres of highly infectious diseases or in case of aggravating radiation situation, natural disasters and other emergency situation;
• apply social and hygienic methods of collecting and analysing medical and statistical health indicators of dental disorders among the population;
• identify dental disorders and pathological conditions in patients in accordance with the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems;
• perform examinations of temporary disability and conduct other medical expert reviews;
• treat patients seeking therapeutic dental care;
• organise and manage medical and dental treatment in emergency situations, including medical evacuation;
• apply drug and drug-free therapy and consider natural therapeutic factors in treating patients seeking after-treatment and health resort treatment;
• generate motivation in the population, patients and their families, which is targeted at maintaining and improving their own health and health of those around them and preventing dental disorders;
• apply the key principles of organisation and management in public health care, i.e. in medical and dental institutions and their structural units;
• participate in assessing the quality of health care by using the basic medical and statistical indicators.
The graduates are employed as paediatric dentists in health care and dental care institutions and as lecturers in educational institutions of all levels. Some residents may continue their postgraduate studies after successful completion of the clinical residency programme.
Дата обновления: 10.07.2019 11:05