Degree: General dentist
Duration: 5 years (10 semesters)
Fields of study: Medical Sciences, Anatomy, Dentistry, the Humanities
Languages of instruction: English, Russian (some disciplines after 3rd academic year)
The Specialist’s degree programme provides students with academic knowledge in medicine and professional medical skills using modern information technology. In accordance with Russian and international educational standards the graduates are able to perform specific practical and research tasks in the sphere of dentistry.
The programme is aimed at developing students’ personal skills, as well as advancing general cultural, general professional and professional competences. The objective of the programme is to create the conditions for the development of fundamental and practical-oriented training of general practice dentists that is based on international principles and Russian standards of higher medical education. The programme ensures the required level of graduates’ competitiveness at Russian and foreign labour markets.
On successful completion of the programme the student should be able to:
• apply first aid techniques, protection methods in emergency situations;
• address professional activity challenges using information and reference resources, medical and biological terms, information and communication technologies and taking into account key information security requirements;
• establish oral and written communication in Russian and foreign languages for addressing professional activity challenges;
• analyse the results of work and prevent professional errors;
• keep medical records;
• use key physical, chemical, mathematical and other scientific concepts and methods while addressing professional challenges;
• apply medication and other substances and their mixtures;
• estimate physiologic, morphological and functional conditions and pathological processes in the human body;
• provide primary medical and health care for patients;
• apply medical products and devices while providing medical assistance to patients with dental diseases;
• promote a range of activities aimed at maintaining and improving health, including the development of a healthy lifestyle, prevention of dental diseases emergence and spread, their diagnosis;
• carry out epidemic-control actions, organise the protection of the population in the sites of highly infectious diseases, in case of radiation situation deterioration, natural disasters and other emergency situations;
• analyse patient’s complaints, his past medical history, results of his medical examination, laboratory, instrumental, post-mortem and other studies;
• determine pathological conditions, symptoms, syndromes of dental diseases;
• formulate the strategy of patient surveillance in case of various dental diseases;
• treat patients with dental diseases in outpatient settings and day-care facilities;
• provide medical assistance in emergency situations, including medical evacuation;
• conduct educational activity aimed at reducing risk factors and developing a healthy lifestyle;
• assess the quality of dental services using key medical and statistical indicators;
• carry out research and implement new medical methods and techniques.
The graduates are employed as general practice dentists in health care institutions, dental care institutions, clinics, outpatient departments.
The graduates may opt to continue studies and to complete a residency programme.
If you would like to enter this degree programme, please follow the admission procedure.
Дата обновления: 25.05.2020 11:35