|WEBSITE OF THE DEGREE PROGRAMME|
Degree: Medical doctor
Duration: 6 years (12 semesters)
Fields of study: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathologic Anatomy, Pathologic Physiology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Epidemiology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Infectious Diseases, Oncology, Trauma Surgery, Orthopaedics
Languages of instruction: English
The Specialist’s degree programme provides training of students in the sphere of natural, medical and biological sciences and the Humanities. The graduates receive higher education enabling them to work in the public health and to develop competences of general practitioners that fosters social mobility and labour market security.
In the course of the programme the students gain knowledge of theory and practice in medicine. The programme aims at developing students’ social skills and personal qualities, they are motivation, self-discipline, diligence, communication, tolerance, mercy, ability to raise the overall level of culture.
On successful completion of the course the student should be able to:
• apply first aid techniques, protection methods in emergency situations;
• act in irregular situations, bear social and moral responsibility for the decisions made;
• address professional activity challenges using information and reference resources, medical and biological terms, information and communication technologies and taking into account key information security requirements;
• establish oral and written communication in Russian and foreign languages for addressing professional activity challenges;
• analyse the results of work and prevent professional errors;
• keep medical records;
• use key physical, chemical, mathematical and other scientific concepts and methods while addressing professional challenges;
• apply medication and other substances and their mixtures;
• estimate physiologic, morphological and functional conditions and pathological processes in the human body;
• provide primary medical and health care for patients;
• apply medical products and devices while providing medical assistance to patients with dental diseases;
• promote a range of activities aimed at maintaining and improving health, including the development of a healthy lifestyle, prevention of diseases emergence and spread, their diagnosis;
• carry out epidemic-control actions, organise the protection of the population in the sites of highly infectious diseases, in case of radiation situation deterioration, natural disasters and other emergency situations;
• analyse patient’s complaints, his past medical history, results of his medical examination, laboratory, instrumental, post-mortem and other studies;
• determine pathological conditions, symptoms, syndromes of various diseases;
• formulate the strategy of patient surveillance in case of various diseases;
• treat patients with various diseases in outpatient settings and day-care facilities
• provide preliminary health care in case of sudden acute diseases, chronic diseases exacerbation not endangering the lives of patients and not requiring emergency medical assistance;
• provide emergency medical assistance in cases requiring urgent medical intervention;
• conduct physiological pregnancy, deliver a baby;
• provide medical assistance in emergency situations, including medical evacuation;
• conduct educational activity aimed at reducing risk factors and developing a healthy lifestyle;
• assess the quality of medical services using key medical and statistical indicators;
• analyse and present data on health care following evidence-based medicine;
• carry out research and implement new medical methods and techniques.
The graduates are employed in health care facilities proving outpatient care (outpatient clinics and health centres). On successful completion of residency the graduates are able to work in in-patient clinics, health and resort institutions, and research institutions.
Some graduates may opt to continue studies and to complete a postgraduate training programme.
More detailed description of the Degree Programme is given on the website.
If you would like to enter this degree programme, please follow the admission procedure.
Дата обновления: 26.11.2020 12:04