Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
Fields of study: Medicine, Neurology
Languages of instruction: Russian, English (on request)
The clinical residency programme qualifies high-skill neurologists who are capable and ready for independent professional activity in the field of neurology due to the acquired professional competences. In the process of training, medical residents should learn to follow proper diagnosis and treatment procedures and manipulations in patients with neurological disorders. The programme provides general professional training of neurologists, including fundamental disciplines principles, aetiology, pathogenesis, clinical signs of neurological disorders.
Forms of in-class activity: lectures, practical classes, review sessions, and individual work.
• preventing neurological disorders among the population through preventive and anti-epidemic activities;
• conducting preventive medical examinations, annual health assessments, and follow-up monitoring;
• collecting and analysing medical and statistical indicators of neurological disorders among the population of different age and gender groups, which characterise their health status;
• diagnosing neurological disorders and pathological conditions of patients by means of applying adopted propaedeutic, laboratory, instrumental and other methods and diagnostic techniques;
• diagnosing medical emergencies;
• performing examinations of temporary disability and conducting other medical expert reviews;
• providing neurological treatment for patients;
• organising and providing medical treatment in emergency situations, including medical evacuation;
• administering after-treatment and health resort treatment for patients with neurological disorders;
psychological and teaching activity:
• generating motivation in the population, patients and their family members, which is aimed at maintaining and improving their own health and health of those around them;
• organising and managing medical treatment and neurological care in medical institutions and their structural units;
• arranging and conducting medical expert reviews;
• assessing the quality of health care delivery;
• producing accounting and supporting documents in medical institutions and their structural units;
• creating immaculate living conditions for patients and favourable working conditions for medical staff in medical organizations and their structural units by factoring in occupational safety and labour protection standards.
On successful completion of the clinical residency programme the graduates should be able to:
• implement a set of activities aimed at maintaining and improving health, adopting healthy lifestyle, preventing emergence and (or) spread of diseases, their early diagnosis, identifying causes and conditions for their emergence and development, as well as reducing negative impact of environmental factors on human health;
• conduct preventive medical examinations, annual health assessments, and follow-up monitoring of healthy individuals and long-term care patients;
• undertake anti-epidemic activities, organise protection of the population in the centres of highly infectious diseases or in case of aggravating radiation situation, natural disasters and other emergency situations;
• apply social and hygienic methods of collecting and analysing medical and statistical health indicators among adults and adolescents;
• identify pathological conditions, symptoms, syndromes, and nosological forms of diseases in patients in accordance with the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems;
• treat patients seeking neurological medical assistance;
• apply drug and drug-free therapy and consider natural therapeutic factors in treating patients seeking after-treatment and health resort treatment;
• generate motivation in the population, patients and their families, which is targeted at maintaining and improving their own health and health of those around them;
• apply the key principles of organisation and management in public health care, i.e. in medical institutions and their structural units;
• participate in assessing the quality of health care by using the basic medical and statistical indicators;
• organise and manage medical treatment in emergency situations, including medical evacuation.
The graduates are employed in health care institutions of all levels. Some residents may continue their postgraduate studies after successful completion of the clinical residency programme.
Дата обновления: 04.07.2019 09:43