Discourses of Commemoration in the Media (DIREPA DICOME)
Partner-universities: European University of Flensburg (Germany), University of Cergy-Pontoise (France)
This project is a follow-up to research activity of the LEMEL international consortium. It is supported by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.
The project aims at analysing the media discourse through:
1. Exploring representation of Europe and its eastern neighbouring states in European online media from a science perspective.
2. Creating the bank of articles annually collected from European online media, which will broaden empirical knowledge of the discourse “Europe” in European journalism.
3. Comparing and classifying these discourses in cultural and historical aspect within the held master-classes and summer schools.
The DIREPA DICOME project is dedicated to studying the transnational discourse of European historical events commemoration in online media. It will result in creating the bank of online texts from German, French and Russian online newspapers reflecting the following historical events:
- Fall of the Berlin Wall and fall of the Iron Curtain (1989 - 2019)
- Reunification of Germany (1990 - 2020)
- August coup and collapse of the Soviet Union (1991 - 2021)
Within the project, it is planned to hold roundtable dicussions, conferences, summer schools on the reflection of historical events in modern online media and the impact of journalistic narratives on public consciousness. The involvement of researchers, journalists and students from different countries contributes to comprehensively analysing the media, as well as discussing the reflection of historical events in the context of transnational commemoration .
DIREPA project team at PSU: Yekaterina Aleshina, Head of the Department of Foreign Languages and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages; Tatyana Razuvaeva, Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages; Irina Voevodina, Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
Дата обновления: 29.07.2021 14:40