Discourses and Representation of Europe’s Past in Online Media (DIREPA)
Partner-universities: European University of Flensburg (Germany), University of Cergy-Pontoise (France)
The project is aimed at analysing the media discourse. It envisages:
1. Exploring representation of Europe and its eastern neighbouring states in European online media from a science perspective.
2. Creating the bank of articles annually collected from European online media, which will broaden empirical knowledge of the discourse “Europe” in European journalism.
3. Comparing and classifying these discourses in cultural and historical aspect within the held master-classes and summer schools.
1) Examining the role of online media (social media in particular) in disseminating memory and past discourses in the European society, especially in the context of public and political discourses.
2) Studying the means and forms of representing Europe’s past in selected European mass media.
3) Defining the “memory discourse” and identifying contradictions in featuring Europe’s past in the European public mind.
• Research on the representation of Europe and its eastern neighbouring states in European online media is regarded as a key issue of Europe’s integration and its relations with eastern partners.
• By figuring out how and by what means the past is featured, analysed and represented in online media, the researchers will understand how beliefs and attitudes to Europe are forming in society.
The project was supported by the German-French Institute and the Federal Foreign Office of Germany in 2018 – 2019.
DIREPA project team at PSU:
Yekaterina Aleshina, Head of the Department of Foreign Languages and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
Tatyana Razuvaeva, Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
Irina Voevodina, Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages
This project was a follow-up to research activity of the LEMEL international consortium.
Дата обновления: 21.04.2020 14:51