Languages, Culture, Media
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
Fields of study: Linguistics, Culture Studies, Media Studies
Languages of instruction: English, German
The prospective students should possess nationally recognised higher education documents. Their proficiency in foreign languages (English and German) should be at least B2.
The Master’s degree programme focuses on training highly qualified and competitive specialists in intercultural communication and international cooperation for the institutions and organisations engaged in culture, media and other social and humanities fields.
The programme is aimed at advancing students’ personal qualities they need to pursue their professional responsibilities. It envisages forming students’ cultural, professional and special competences in line with the requirements of the Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Education in this study field and with the view to the established scientific schools at PSU.
On successful completion of the programme the student should be able to:
• conduct research on the language systems and functioning patterns of folklore and literature in the synchronous and diachronic aspects within oral, written and virtual communication;
• analyse, review, abstract, present and promote independent research results;
• submit and edit scientific publications;
• join research teams carrying out linguistics research;
• create, modify, abstract, systemise and transform (for example, style, genre, purpose) of all types of official business, social and political texts (including business, advertising, public relations documents);
• undertake work related to lexicographic description of the language and codification of the language norm;
• analyse information and produce information and analytical materials;
• identify, assess and correlate intercultural phenomena and processes in a historical aspect, understand cultural differences;
• use foreign languages and foreign cultures as a communication tool in the context of the dialogue of cultures and civilisations;
• transmit general cultural values in various fields of professional activity;
• write and deliver public speeches, as well as establish interpersonal and mass, including intercultural and interethnic communication using effective speaking skills;
• provide simultaneous and consecutive interpreting during international events and negotiations, accompany delegations from foreign countries;
• launch and run research projects in the field of linguistics and humanities;
• produce and disseminate results of educational projects, including those related to stimulating creativity of students;
• obtain and present project results with the view to promoting intercultural and interethnic communication;
• conceive and run publishing projects;
• arrange and hold scientific seminars, discussions and conferences;
• maintain networking and organise official events;
• operate and manage field-specific departments in government, culture, publishing, and media institutions.
Having mastered the degree programme, graduates will be able to address complex problems related to linguistics, culture and media studies and work in various institutions and organisations functioning within intercultural communication and other social and humanities fields.
If you would like to enter this degree programme, please follow the admission procedure.
Дата обновления: 26.05.2020 12:27